Tourist Railways and Museums Featuring Operating Steam Locomotives
31. July, 2021: All five (5) surviving Maine 2‐foot gauge locomotives were on hand at Sheepscot, Maine
for a special event:
- B. & S.R. (Bridgton & Saco River Railroad) 7, 2‐4‐4T Forney (BLW 40864 / 1913), in steam on 31. July, 2021
- B. & S.R. (Bridgton & Saco River Railroad) 8, 2‐4‐4T Forney (BLW 57659 / 1924), not serviceable
- M.R.R. (Monson Railroad) 3, 0‐4‐4T Forney (Vulcan Iron Works, Wilkes‐Barre, Pennsylvania 2093 / 1912), in steam on 31. July, 2021
- M.R.R. (Monson Railroad) 4, 0‐4‐4T Forney (Vulcan Iron Works, Wilkes‐Barre, Pennsylvania 2780 / 1918), not currently serviceable
- S.R. & R.L. (Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad) 6, (0‐4‐4T Forney (Portland Company, Portland, Maine 622 / 1891), re‐lettered from WW&F 9, in steam on 31. July, 2021.
On 07. August, 2021, all five above locomotives were also on hand for the WW&F annual picnic. Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum (WW&F): https://www.wwfry.org/
WW&F (Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/WWFRailway
Bridgeport, New Jersey
07. August, 2021: Under repair since 2009, it seems SMS Rail Lines 9 may have been steamed for the first time in 40 years. A post on the “Friends of SMS 9” Facebook page depicts smoke being emitted from the locomotive’s smokestack.
- SMS Rail Lines 9, 0‐6‐0 (ALCO Schenectady 70402 / 1942), ex‐United States Army Transportation Corps (USATC) 4023, later USATC 616